Monday, July 15, 2013

Jute Wrapped Desk Lamp {DIY}

Here is my inspiration.....ahhhh swoon.....
This can cost you though a hefty price tag of 55$! But it is adorable! So I wanted to do something similar to this guy I got at a thrift store for $2! And it screamed MAKE ME PRETTY!!
It had this black base bottom thingy that I wanted to jute dazzle!
What you will need
1.Scissors
2. Jute (you can buy at any local hardware/walmart store for a couple bucks)
3.Glue gun and glue

 
 
So you plug in your glue gun and wait for it to warm up. You then put glue on the lamp and you wrap your jute around the stem of the lamp. I do a little area at a time so that the glue does not harden. Make sure to pull the jute tight so that it wraps nicely around the stem of the lamp.
 
You continue to do this until you reach the top of your designated area. When you are finished wrapping it you cut the jute off with the scissors then glue the remaining end of the string of jute onto the lamp. Yep and your done! Its so easy I tell you what! And it makes it look a million times better! I might want to do this to another larger lamp and get a bit more daring? Stay tuned.........
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment